Sunday, September 21, 2008

Homecoming classics

Perhaps my favorite Mountie homecoming victory came in 1985 when Northwest snapped an 18-game losing streak in beating Columbia Central, 14-7.

I was in eighth grade at the time and I still remember many of us rushing on to the field after the win.

Sounds a little silly now but, hey, I guess you had to be there. It's not every day you see an 18-game losing streak get broken.

The 1989 homecoming game against Western was also special.

The play of the game came in triple overtime when Mike Collison hit Matt Resor in the endzone on a third-and-long halfback pass. We won 22-21.

I don't recall any one rushing the field that time, but they probably should have.

Any one else have a special Mountie homecoming game they remember?

1 comment:

Myers said...

Oh my gosh. I remember that game in 1989. It was our senior year. And as soon as Resor caught it.. I was rushing the field. It was the best ever !! Brings back so many memories. Going to try & make this homecomeing for sure.